Monday, April 2, 2007

Bet I can spook you

The high is going to be 76 today. It's opening day for baseball. And I had $5 on a Starbucks card burning a hole in my pocket. The morning has started off in a grand fashion.

Today's weather inspired me to bust out my skirts and officially break in the flip flops for my morning commute. As such, the Metro DC region was treated to my ghostly white legs and will continue to be treated to the blinding glow for the next few months. Deal with it.

But that's not what I mean about spooking you.

I skipped into Starbucks (not really, but enjoy the image), gift card in hand, and ordered myself a vendi caramel macchiato (spelling? who cares!), with skim milk (cuz THAT matters after a pound of caramel has been added) and happily tapped my toes to the beats coming out of my MP3 player. But what happened next.. I simply never could have predicted.

As my barista finished mixing my delightful bevvy (why does that sound dirty?), I reached out to take the drink he would offer me at any minute. But no. Before handing me the drink, he threw it up in the air (yes, with the lid on) in a move that would make Tom Cruise so very proud. I actually think I gasped. I mean, imagine the disaster if the lid was loose. Still, what a great way to insure an appropriate mix with the coffee and caramel. Delish.

"Bet I can spook you" is the only quote I remember from Cocktail. I'd feel bad about it, except I bet you don't remember any.

No comments: