Sunday, April 22, 2007

On better days for Britney

I can't sleep. I haven't had jet lag like this in a long while. Well, at least I think it's jet lag. I also walked around the Arboretum today for a couple of hours with friends, in the hot sun, and then took a two hour nap on the couch, leaving me quite alert at 2 am. I've written blogs, made three phone calls to family and friends, updated my MySpace and watched a bad movie AND a bad SNL. What's a girl to do?

Anyway, because I'm up I'm stuck watching 2 am TV, which includes a SNL repeat hosted by Britney Spears. This must have aired about 5 years ago. I know this because she performed "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" (yes, host AND musical guest!). Funny how that song still applies to her 5 years later. Bygones...

Simply put, it was sad to watch. As annoying as I've always found Britney to be, she really was quite lovely. Now she's just, well, worn. I sincerely hope she can find some type of cleansing and get healthy again, both in mind and spirit. What do I know, really? I just know she's such a different looking person now.. not as in heavy or skinny or anything like that. I think it's in her eyes. And, if you don't mind me saying, it just kind of makes me sad.

No comments: