While coming home from work tonight I was reminded of what is, quite possibly, the cutest thing ever.
An older couple holding hands.
I have no doubt when I reach 70 or so I'm going to find comments like that seriously irritating. But it just made me smile to see this older couple coming in the other direction, holding hands, smiling, laughing, and very much together. And it wasn't like that old couple from that irritating diamond commercial.. you know the one.. where the younger couple is walking through the park, not holding hands, and they see an old couple straight ahead, walking at the speed of roughly 10 feet an hour, hunched over as if they just were released from a Nazi prison camp. Then, upon seeing them, the younger couple holds hands. You know the one I mean, right? Well, THIS couple had a spring in their step, walked at a clip, didn't seem to have a care in the world kind of thing.
Not sure why it struck me so special, but it just did.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment