Tuesday, June 5, 2007

On finding the strength..

I'm having a really hard time at work again. I was doing OK, kind of cruising, until yesterday when a new drama unveiled itself. Part Two came into play today.

I just need to find the strength to be unaffected. To accept the fact that there is no one thing that will make everybody happy and that your very good intentions always run the risk of having the opposite effect. And, unfortunately, you can't count on having back up when that happens.

I also need to find the strength to not react, to take a deep breath, and weigh every possible circumstance. I need to learn to stop letting people surprise me, and realize that we all carry some sense of entitlement. I need to be calm, deliberate and just slow down. But I need to be confident at the same time.

I also need to learn how to build loyalty. I've been trying my very best as of late but it doesn't seem to be working. Or maybe I'm expecting too much too soon. I've done that before.

I'm looking forward to some time away. Even if it's just to pack and move, I'm eager for distraction and the minimized risk of awkward encounters. Just a few days away to reassess, re-energize and start again.

No comments: