Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dare I say it...

I know I've owed you a blog. It's been a while. Please forgive me. In the past week I feel like I've moved three times. Don't worry, I didn't. Just multiple trips for my actual move and helping my old roommate get situated today, and the fact that I'm very much still surrounded by boxes, well, it can start to get confusing.

The past week has been fantastic though. Although some areas of my life could still use some drastic improvement (subtle work reference), things are really starting to fall into place. I love my new apartment, I adore my new "roommate", I'm doing a much better job of having a life outside of my work and am doing my best to make time for friends again. Sure, that pesky friend leaving for 2 years to run off Tel Aviv doesn't help, but that other pesky friend moving back to DC from Orlando sure does!

Of course, I've also had this false sense of new found freedom this week by having a friend's car while she and her family are on vacation. Thus, I've yet to be the Metro slave I am for my new commute - slated to extend my original commute by about 20-30 minutes each way. So, yes, by new found "freedom", I mean sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour and twenty minutes to travel twelve miles. Still, the ability to do so many more things that I really haven't been able to do, ever, has been nice. Go purchase a bunch of groceries at once. Doing errands that don't require Metro access. Not having to be picked up by my friends with cars so we can go play. And Target. Did I mention Target? Yes, I do have some calls into CarMax.

So, fingers are crossed, but I'm feeling more positive and hopeful than I have in a long time. And I'm frantically knocking on wood as I type this. Impressive, no?

No comments: