I rode the Metro with myself today. Well, obviously. But I also rode the Metro with my twin or, at least, someone who looks a lot like the woman I see when I look in the mirror.
I make that distinction because I have a theory that none of us have any concept of what we really look like. I recently saw myself in a wedding video, for example, and was left completely confused. I didn't look or sound like how I know myself to look or sound at all. Anyway..
So I swear this woman could have been my twin sister. She was pulling a bit of a hippie dippy crunchy granola look, but I was ok with it. But I just kept staring at her, willing her to look at me, begging for that common recognition. But, she just looked straight ahead, just like I would, really, if I felt some random person staring me down on the Metro.
It was a very jarring experience, I must admit, and had me a bit freaked out. When we exited the train we went in completely opposite directions, which I found appropriate. Perhaps she owns property and was taking the train to the Metro stop where her car was parked, just as my exact opposite would do.
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment