Tuesday, August 28, 2007

On cheers and jeers for Starbucks...

This week has gotten off to a marvelous start thanks, in part, to the Starbucks gift card I received as a belated birthday present last week. I've been making pilgrimages on my way to work each morning this week, reveling in my ability to purchase $4 coffee drinks with no hit to the wallet.

This morning I did notice, however, that Starbucks has made a major mistake in rolling out their fall menu prematurely. I looked in horror as I saw the Pumpkin Spice Latte advertised! Now, I realize that there are many other parts of the country, my home state included, whose weather, as of late, has been more fall like. But I don't care who you are and where you're from, it is STILL August and advertising autumn drinks is enough to put Starbucks on notice... until..

I saw the sign (and it opened up my mind) indicating Starbucks is now making their drinks with 2% milk! You now have to REQUEST whole (or skim) for your customized beverage. Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Keep the freedom in indulge there, but don't make it part of the standard package. And, to brighten my faith in Starbucks even more, they didn't pull a McDonald's with me and ask if "I'd like to super savor my drink with whole milk today". So, I say "Well done!" Starbucks. Thanks for making it more difficult for me to expand my bevvy belly, while still allowing me the freedom to do so if the stress level deems it necessary.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great post! I too was taken by surprise when I saw the pumpkin muffins and pumpkin loaves. NO, it is just wrong. It is not pumpkin or apple season yet in DC. Still summer here.