Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Why I need a car

Nothing makes me feel more grown up than driving in and around New York City. I don't mean it in a good way. Still, sometimes it astounds me that I, a little girl from Bumble Something, Maine has regularly driven around NYC and lived to tell about it. I can also be really quite aggressive when I want to be. Who knew?

I drove from White Plains to Princeton, NJ today, and despite the horror of approaching, encountering and passing the George Washington Bridge, it was a great ride. It's a gorgeous, sunny 74 degree day here, and I had the music blasting, the windows down and my sunglasses properly perched on my nose. I am SUCH a fan of the road trip on a sunny day. And I'm adoring my Saturn Ion rental car.

Maybe it's because I drive so rarely that I get such joy from that experience. I am puzzled, however, that I spent a good 45 minutes driving in NJ and flipping radio stations and did not hear a single Springsteen song. Further, I've been in Princeton 40 minutes and I've yet to see Dr. House. Unacceptable.

No comments: