Like the vast majority of people I know, I am in at least one March Madness Tourney Bracket. I haven't followed men's college basketball since Christian Laettner and Grant Hill played for Duke (double meow), but I can still get into tourney time... plus I like filling out things.
Slate.com has a very interesting article about 'bracketing everything', as in prioritizing the unforgettable moments of the last 100 years, the best death scenes in film, etc. It all seems to be a ploy to push a book about the same subject, but they give some sample brackets for giggles at the bottom of the article for you to fill out.
http://www.slate.com/id/2161655?GT1=9231
Well, I'm only into the second round of the "Where Were You When" moments bracket, and I've got Dale Earnhardt's death at Daytona going head to head with 9/11. Um. Yah. Just thought I'd share. Then again, I picked his death over the launch of Sputnik. So maybe the greater problem lies with me. and this is Slate's not so subtle way of highlighting my feeble mind. Then again, my mom was barely born circa Sputnik, so no, the event is not seared in my memory as I was not even a zygote. So, fault lies back with Slate. Yikes.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment