I just started exercising again. My motivation is pretty lame. My boyfriend had been in a Biggest Loser contest with his friends and I'm fast becoming the bigger of the two of us. Secondly, and perhaps most influentially, there's a chance I might spend part of my summer vacation with his best friend and his best friend's wife... she's about 5'3" and tipping the scales at 100 lbs soaking wet. Do I really need to be seen in a bathing suit next to this woman? Probably not.
So I'm just sitting here, still sore from my run on Saturday and my ass completely kicked by the kickboxing DVD my roommate put on tonight. There was a time span of about 25 minutes this evening, once it was all over, when I honestly wondered if I would walk again.
The good news, however, and the point of my entire blog, is that Dancing with the Stars is back! So I'm just easing the pain on the couch, watching a couple of D lists stars foxtrot to The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News. Does life get any better? This show really is one of my guiltiest pleasures, and so far I'm really rooting for... John Ratzenberger.
That's right. Cliff Clavin from Cheers! Not only did he not completely humiliate himself on national TV tonight (he's got a solid spring in his step for an old guy), but my roommate reminded me he hit on her in a bar in Boston once. You've got to admire a man who played a dimwitted pathetic mailman on TV still trying to work his faded celebrity charm on women 3 times younger than him. The same evening he told her friends he was an FBI agent and they bought it. I dig salty older guys.
Neither snow, sleet or rain will prevent Cliff from delivering a win! Go for the gold John! And don't forget to trip Heather Mills during the group dance.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment