I did something today I haven't done in many, many years. I spent about 5 hours working on a puzzle.
My roommate was working on one a couple of weeks ago, during a marathon work weekend for me, and I remember watching her with envy. It just looked like such a fun and thoughtful way to spend some time. So, upon realization there was little that could possibly inspire me to get off of my duff this morning, today was the day I dragged my boyfriend to Target to find the perfect puzzle.
It's such a fantastic way to spend a Sunday afternoon! Though it does make me feel really really old. I was never much into board games and puzzles growing up but lately they've become a favorite past time. Why go to the bar when you can spend hours playing Risk? Right... Add to that the fact that I spent St. Patrick's Night doing a wine tasting at a friend's house instead of drinking green beer in a bar and I guess I'll just switch on some Matlock while sipping on prune juice.
Anyway, I recommend you reconnect with your puzzle persona if you haven't in a while. And as for the wine tasting, as we were smelling the wine to pinpoint its aroma, someone said they smelled pizza and I completely agreed. Maybe I'm not that old after all.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment