Monday, December 10, 2007

On disappointment with the USPS

Rarely do I have much to say about stamps.

I shuffled over to The UPS Store on campus today to buy a few stamps for the first wave of holiday greeting cards we're sending out. Yes, I'm a bit late, I know. And, sadly, I have not made the special trip to the actual post office to get holiday themed stamps, so most card recipients will receive their holiday greetings via the Liberty Bell. There are worse things, I suppose. Christmas is a purely American holiday, right?

Anyway, the stamps available at The UPS Store were a nature series and, until I had already applied them to the cards and stuffed them in the mailbox, I did not realize just how in touch with nature they were..

USPS brings you.. the pollination series.

I can't believe I have steamy animal on flower action on my holiday cards.

Sorry, Grandma.

No comments: