As I was walking out of the office this evening, I said good-bye to a woman who I don't see everyday, but see often enough to be friendly. She did a double take as I turned away only to say:
"Oh my God! My sweet! Are you pregnant?"
I hate everybody right now.
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh. My. God. That is SO uncool. First, ego boost: post-brunch a few weeks ago I told Chrissy I thought you looked good. Second, empathy: Back in November I went to buy Pete's sister a baby shower gift. I braved Babies R Us on a Saturday, no less. And, as I was wandering aimlessly around the store (b/c we all know I <3 babies, right?), I was approached by a well-meaning but horrible employee who said to me, and I quote, "Are you looking for something for yourself or is it for a gift?" Now, mind you, I was wearing a T-shirt. Not a baggy sweater. I hope that woman burns in hell.
Post a Comment