I just wrote my parents the following e-mail:
"My 29th birthday is 3 months and 10 days away. I would like either an IKEA gift card to furnish my new apartment or a digital camera as mine recently broke. Figured I'd let you know now in case you might require inspiration and want to get a joint gift."
At what point did I stop asking for "cool" things. What was the last cool thing I asked for? Seriously, if I get an IKEA gift card I might wet my pants I'll be so excited. That's right, like an overeager dog. I'm not ashamed of it.
Oy vey when did this become ok?
I remember being little and grabbing the Toys R Us catalog and pouring over it for HOURS at Christmas time and just before my birthday. I think I averaged circling 3 toys on every page, just in case I woke up the next day and my dad turned out to be Daddy Warbucks. You never knew..
The one thing that eases my mind is that I still look forward to my birthday with the eagerness of a child. I mean, what 28 year old do you know who is making her birthday list 3 months and 10 days in advance... not to mention counting down to the day. Well, other than you Chrissy.
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What can I say? I like presents. A lot.
She could also probably say she's turning 26 again this year. But hey, at least she's given up on 25, right? Baby steps...
Post a Comment