Working on a college campus is a wonderful thing. You can count on working with pretty outgoing and positive people (sometimes) and you can't really beat the atmosphere. Sure, as a late 20s female you may not want to go to the gym with a bunch of 19 year old girls, but other than that, it's a pretty sweet environment.
Except right after graduation.
I will no doubt blog about the serenity of an empty campus later this summer, and will no doubt have a woe is me moment with you all when they return and infest my shuttle bus and coffee place.
Right now, however, it is EERIE LY quiet. You can see the empty dorm rooms from the windows - lacking decoration and with bunked beds pushed up to the window to allow for cleaning. There is no activity on the quad. Many of the food places are shut down and much of the campus is closed for construction. This morning had a strange 28 Days Later feeling. Then when the zombie came rushing up behind me and I had to beat him with a baseball bat it was even stranger. Hope that doesn't happen again.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG I just laughed out loud at your zombie. So back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I spent a summer at your fine campus - at debate camp. Oh yes! The summer I turned 16. I was oh-so-cool. It was indeed very quiet except for us propeller-heads and the basketball camp. Ah, fond memories!
Post a Comment