Wednesday, July 4, 2007

On being a "southerner"

On the way home from work yesterday I noticed a bumper sticker that made me want to rip my irises out.. yes, the ones in my eyes. Because I've never believed in suffering alone, I thought I'd share it with you to gauge your reaction.

"As a former fetus, I oppose abortion."

Even if you do oppose abortion, what kind of jackass uses this argument? Honestly. I thought I'd think of some of my own that followed this logic to try to make my point.

As a former student, I oppose homework.
As a former grocery store cashier, I oppose double coupon day.
As a former online dater, I oppose the Internet.

OK, so maybe these don't quite follow. I still think it's a dumb bumper sticker. Furthermore, the car two ahead of that one had a "Real Men Love Jesus" bumper sticker. I'm not really opposed to that, but I'm wondering if there was a right wing convention in town that I didn't know about. Or, I just live in Virginia.

No comments: