Friday, July 20, 2007

On a banner day..

I wrapped up a fantastic conference today. I've learned some great concepts and have opened my mind to a completely different philosophy of how my work can be done. I also won an extra t-shirt in our t-shirt exchange and earned a participant award for my ability to mystery shop and size up a major competitor, a signed copy of a book I've been dying to read. I also ended the night with a trip to a great Chicago restaurant followed by a wine and cheese flight at the bistro next door. Oh, and I got to speak French! There was a slightly confused French couple in the elevator with me as I headed back to my room after the "flights". What is it about having a couple of drinks that suddenly makes me fluent? I can't figure out how to say "shirt" when randomly asked sober, but enter in half a glass of wine and I'm suddenly Gerard DePardieu.

Finally, at today's workshops I saw some fantastic videos, all relevant to my work in very different ways, and all available on YouTube. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Cory Harris said...

Please don't ever turn into Gerard Depardeau in front of me.

Anonymous said...

Hey! You skipped your delightful time in Chicago with your favorite Aunt and Uncle. Whatsup with that?