Sunday, September 2, 2007

Where everybody knows your name..

It's September. The weather has been uncharacteristically glorious here in the DC area this weekend, but September means one thing - fall. And fall means one thing - I miss New England.

One of the benefits of living in DC is that you have a spectacular spring and nothing resembling the winters I grew up with. I often wonder if I could possibly survive them anymore. Still, nothing beats the crispness of a New England fall. Football weather. Leaves turning. Hot apple cider. Fleece vests over sweaters from LL Bean.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that the Sox are still in contention(albeit on one leg) in the playoff run. Nothing like Sox playoff baseball to have me longing for Beantown. Check back with me in December when it's 49 degrees here and a blizzard back home and the Yankees have another championship.

No comments: