This entry represents my 300th blog posting. It's also 300 days until I get married. I ate about 300 biscuits at The Farmers Market today, which has left me feeling like I'm 300 lbs.
Ok, you can only go so far with a theme.
Of course I look at 300 and see 30, which I turned exactly 3 weeks ago today.
I've learned today that I need a minimum of 30 stems to make a bridal bouquet, which means that's exactly what I'll be buying. No more, no less. (20 for the bridesmaids, in case you're curious.) I've spent much of the last few days figuring out the most inexpensive purple flowers that will be available in the summer months. Believe it or not, that is a perilous combination. My plan is to call some unknowing florist in central New York and ask her to work her magic with these buds and these buds alone. Unless, of course, she knows of something cheaper.
Believe it or not, I've actually spent a lot of time thinking about what I want to write in this, my 300th blog. I had no intention of playing with the 300, 30, 3 theme until I logged in at The Knot and saw the number of days until our big day. I'd considered writing about the $80 worth of underwear I bought a couple of weeks ago; about our receptionist who makes a point of telling everyone they look thin in a way that can only make them feel fat; about how I seem to have finally achieved some level of life zen thanks to the man I love, a friendly work environment, an apartment I really like and, of course, my continued laundry bliss; about how strange it is to live somewhere where you don't know a soul; about how I managed to emerge from a work situation on Friday that would have had me livid and inconsolable at my prior job but only saw me slightly irked and laughing about it instead - and how truly happy that made me; about how frustrating it is planning a wedding from a distance and with no friends down the street to offer much needed help and opinions; about how one of my staff members is returning from maternity leave tomorrow, someone who I need to have a great relationship with, and I'm really nervous about it given what others have told me about how she really doesn't want to come back; about how I've had 10 pages left in A Thousand Splendid Suns for months and I can't seem to pick it up to finish it. Loads of material... but is any of it worth my 300th blog?
Instead, I give you this, a walk through the paintball game of my mind, the reason this whole blog was started in the first place. I've got too much going on up here, and it's usually the small stuff that grasps my focus.
Please congratulate me on my 300th blog,which I inadvertently turned into an Andy Rooney bit on 60 Minutes... which I just happen to be watching.
Next week: The contents of my sock drawer.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on your 300th blog! Although I like the 300 days thing better....
Yay 300th blog/ 300 days/ 30/ being generally happy and zen! :)
Post a Comment