Monday, January 22, 2007

It's just not that bad...

The day? It sucked..

However, it could be worse.

How do I know?

Jen has High Maintenance 90210 on right now, and we watched Wife Swap at 8.

I just watched a woman who has no job hire an assistant, to keep her punctual and pal around with until her husband gets home. Their conversation over lunch was something like this...

"So, like, wow, I'm like, your employer!" (lovely, artificially enhanced platinum blond female)
"OMG I KNOW!" (jude law-wannabe newly hired assistant)
*clink glasses of white wine over $200 lunch*
"OMG I LOVE YOU!" (LAEPBF)
"OMG ME TOO!" (JLWNHA)

First task? Shopping...

"I wanna buy you something, to, like, reward you for your first day of work, and show you, I'm like, the best employer ever." (LAEPBF)
"Are you serious?" (JLWNHA)
"Totally!" (LAEPBF)
"OMG I love this sweatshirt! (JLWNHA)
*lifts up black hoodie with dragon graphic on one side*
"I'm totally buying it for you!" (LAEPBF)
"OMG!" (JLWNHA)
*scene switch to cashier*
"Ok, so the sweatshirt is $1,000." (early 20s salesgirl who has never shopped at Target)
"Um, is that ok?" (JLWNHA)
"TOTALLY!" (LAEPBF)

Sure, it'd be nice to have that money. But I'm super psyched I'm not either of those two people. Also, I haven't quite decided if I want kids.. you know, will I screw them up, am I capable of being that self-less? But between watching the parents on High Maintenance and Wife Swap tonight, if I don't have kids, it won't be because I'd be the worst mom ever. These people? They make mandatory tube tying/vasectomies seem reasonable. Instead, if I don't have kids, it will be because no one is important enough to watch Barney for... no one.

No comments: