Saturday, July 26, 2008

On a yuppie day in the life...

Yesterday I noticed that my GPS car charger wasn't working. The plan for this morning, before I head to Annapolis for my friend's baby shower, was to stop at Best Buy to see if I could get a replacement.

On the way to Best Buy, I realized I could charge my GPS with my cell phone car charger after all. I figured I'd see if they had what I needed at Best Buy anyway, if only because commerce is fun.

I didn't find what I needed, but I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a delish iced coffee for the ride home. See, I say delish because I watch Rachael Ray on the Food Network and am hip to the lingo.

On my way home I was enjoying the Saturday NPR line up - Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. I was in stitches between Click and Clack and Carl Kasell. What a cut up!

I also realized this would be a nice opportunity to get a fix for my recent sushi craving. After all, those familiar with the Research Triangle area of NC keep warning me to get my fill of ethnic food while I still can. So I swung by Whole Foods to pick up an indulgent lunch of salmon roll and a slice of tiramisu. Yummo!

Of course, my yuppie tendencies are only a facade, as my actual reality included turning onto my road to find a hooker standing there on her cell phone. Not sure if it was the beginning of her shift or the end of it, but I'm pretty sure this is the second lady of the night I've seen in the last month.

Not sure if this is for the better or for the worse, but our new home in Cary appears to be in a true center of yuppie life, and therefore hookers need not apply. While this may be just temporary fall out from an unexpected opportunity to have lunch at Congressional Country Club this week, I clearly cannot be left to my own devices. Cory, please come back from Michigan and save me from myself.

No comments: