Sunday, October 12, 2008

On Mii vs. Me

Well, I've reached a new low as a chick. I'm about to write a blog about the fact that I'm fat. I can already tell this is going to be horrible.

The clothes in my wardrobe that fit me and those that don't are running about 50/50 right now. Trying on wedding dresses was a horrible experience. Oh, and the belly rolls. The belly rolls from hell.

Still, I wasn't entirely convinced I'd gone crossed the chubby line. At my last physical, my weight in was the highest its ever been, but as I squinted to read the BMI chart on the wall and saw that I was merely on the CUSP of overweight, I convinced myself I must still look ok.

But I know I don't look ok. I don't feel ok. But what I don't understand is I'm cooking better and overall eating better than I have in a long time. So what gives? And how do I fix it by July 4?

The thing is, I don't have a ton of discipline. About anything. So dieting and exercise have always come in mighty spurts, followed by mighty falls of the weight watching wagon.

The worst part is I wouldn't even be writing this if my beloved fiance has not managed to secure a Wii Fit on Thursday.

I hopped on for the first time yesterday. It takes you through a body test to create your character, and then came the part where it took my BMI and weight. Sure enough the bar kept going up, and up, and up. Overweight. It landed on overweight. I wanted to cry.

And with no time for pause, my Wii Mii plumped up while a sound typically only heard in clogged pipes chimed along.

Ouch.

So I've been on the Wii Fit for 30 minutes each day since (yes, that's only two days - shut up), and dragged my beloved on a 3 mile walk along a trail I somehow didn't have the energy to explore until today. But can I keep it up?

Has the Mii muffintop finally provided the motivation I need?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BMI lies. At my lowest adult weight ever, eating very little and working out for about an hour a day, five to six days a week, I was STILL only down to the cusp between overweight and obese. I'm not even on the charts now.

I have heard good things about the Wii Fit, however. So good luck with that!

Lemon Gloria said...

Wedding is a huuuuge motivator. I don't know anyone who didn't drop a bunch of weight working towards their wedding. And do you need a crinoline, by any chance? I have a big, full one - with an elastic waist, no less! - that I intend to post on craigslist, but would be happy to pass on to you.