I couldn't have been more excited for this weekend. Had just enough downtime and just enough fun in the sun planned for these glorious two days.
That is, until I woke up at 3 am on Saturday with fierce pain in my stomach and a 12 hour date with my toilet bowl.
Do I make you horny, baby? Do I?
Yes, ok, so I just killed any sexiness factor that may have existed between you and me. I'm truly bummed about that. Still, I think it paints the appropriate portrait of my weekend. The joy of the weekend is that I've managed to keep everything, including my water only diet of yesterday, down since about 3 yesterday afternoon. YIPPIE! Currently, I simply coexist with horrible stomach pain, back pain and a headache. My attitude? "Heck, I've already had my appendix out, it can't be that bad!" I'm opting to ride it out.
Since I've been locked down on the couch with loads of time to think between my 20 minute catnaps, I've been left to wonder just how bad I am at being sick.
There's really only one person who can tell you that. Cory has stayed loyally by my side all weekend, proving he's nothing short of "the man". He left only to do some grocery shopping, which he later confessed he felt guilty about doing. FYI, I love this guy.
Anyway, he's constantly refilled my glass of ice water, asked me at regular intervals if I need anything and seems very much ok with the notion that he may have to do a load of laundry tonight. (Laundry = my job; trash and recycling = his job)
As someone who is horrible at asking for things, I'm resigned to the fact that I must be a total pain in the ass as "sick roommate/girlfriend". I'm really just trying to stay out of the way, but it's hard to do that when sickness essentially requires you will dominate the television, for example.
I'm so curious as to what kind of sick person I am. It's important to me that I be a model sick person. Why? Because we've all lived with at least one person who does not do sick well and, well, it's incredibly annoying.* Whether it's a parent, roommate, partner, spouse or child, some people just don't handle being down for the count in any sort of reasonable manner. The world must stop for the ailing, in the opinion of the ill-equipped sickie. Thus, am I a whiner? A complainer? A moaner? A sigher? A general pain in the neck? I really don't know.
There's just nothing more humbling than being sick. I'm guessing I'm dealing with some sort of food poisoning, given how everything came on and how it's all pretty unknown to me. Either way, I'd like to thank the USA Network for yesterday's House marathon. Sometimes the cable gods really are on your side.
* It's an attitude like this that makes me question any future parenting skills.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oof. Yuck. Feel better!
Post a Comment